This document describes what information we gather from you, how we use and disclose that information, and what we do to protect it. By using our website, or using Sensurion UAS systems, you consent to the information handling practices described in this policy. If you are using or accessing our website from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.
The practices described in this policy apply only to Sensurion’s use of information that is supplied by you to Sensurion. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Sensurion does not own or control, or to people that Sensurion does not employ or manage, such as third party web services made available to you through this website. Before using such third party services, you should familiarize yourself with the privacy policies provided by such third parties to understand their practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
How Sensurion Collects Information About You
- User-Provided Personal Information: When you provide contact information or create a secured login, you may provide to Sensurion what is generally called “Personally Identifiable Information,” such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and other information that can be used to identify you.
- Flight System Data: When you use a Sensurion UAS Drone, the Equipment will capture information during flight and other information that is related to the operation of the System such as raw sensor data, telemetry data, geolocation information, flight and application logs, diagnostic information, performance information, and Software Application usage information. This information may be uploaded to Sensurion’s Secured Access Extranet before, during, or after use of the System.
- “Cookies” Information: When you use this website, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Sensurion may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to this wesbite. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of this wesbite to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use this wesbite or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser and/or email client by using different types of technology, including standard logging, “clear gifs,” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type and operating system, the web pages or services that referred you to this website, the pages you view on this wesbite, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use this website.
How Sensurion Uses Information About You
- Sensurion uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide the System. We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, or regarding any of your submissions (such as your registration). We will use geolocation information, raw sensor data, telemetry data, diagnostic information, performance information, flight and application logs, and other data to operate the equipment during flight, to help maintain and support the equipment between flights, and to create the Visual Information delivered to you via this website.
- Sensurion uses Personally Identifiable Information to personalize your experience of this website. For example, when you log back in, we may welcome you back to this website by name, present you with a customized user interface.
- Sensurion may use all of the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the System works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Sensurion may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our Online Services, such as by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you visit this website; (b) provide customized third party content and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Sensurion and third-party marketing activities; and (d) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
- Sensurion may use your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information to send promotional email related to products or services that we think may interest you. You may have the ability to opt-out of receiving some of these communications by updating your account settings through this website or clicking on links embedded in such messages.
How Sensurion Shares and Discloses Information About You
We do not sell your information. We do, however, need to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of circumstances in the ordinary course of operating our business. For example:
- We may provide Personally Identifiable Information to trusted partners who work with or on behalf of Sensurion pursuant to confidentiality obligations. These companies may use your personal information to help Sensurion communicate with you about Sensurion. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Sensurion may work with third party service providers to provide web service hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us. In the course of performing services for Sensurion, these providers may have access to or process your Personally Identifiable Information, data uploaded by the System, and any Visual Information prepared for you. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
- Sensurion may also disclose your information in the good-faith belief that we are required to do so by state or federal law, or in response to a court order, judicial or administrative subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement investigations. Sensurion also reserves the right to disclose information as is necessary to protect Sensurion or others from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate uses of this website; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to protect the security or integrity of this website; or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of Sensurion, our users, or third-parties.
In the Event of a Merger or Sale
In the event that Sensurion or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, Sensurion reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally-identifiable Information with Sensurion, in which case Sensurion may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality found on this website to you. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through this website. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting account access to you or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
International Visitors and Customers
This website are hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States, which does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Confidentiality and Security
Sensurion employs industry standard best practices to ensure the physical, administrative, and technical protection of your data, and data uploaded by the Sensurion UAS Systems. Please note these are safeguards and may still be breached by unauthorized individuals. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Sensurion, and you transfer such information to us at your own risk.
If Sensurion learns of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this website. Sensurion may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. Sensurion may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.